During the holidays I can feel left out when everyone else is having muffins, bagels, coffee cake, or other breakfast goodies. These are an easy substitute.
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia, or to taste (I used Valencia Orange Flavor)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 10 walnuts, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix all the wet ingredients together
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures together. I mashed the raspberries while mixing. Leave to stand for 10 minutes to thicken
- Fill 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
You can easily substitute blueberries for the raspberries in this recipe. These are delicious topped with some cream cheese.
The biggest challenge with sugar free baking is the sweetener. Although these are yummy to me, someone who is used to sugar will definitely notice the stevia. Still, this is a fantastic change when you get tired of eggs at breakfast! Plus, these are full of fiber which is important in a diet that manages carb intake.